HEAT PUMP WITH VENTILATION
The EcoAqua Heat Pump uses the thermal energy of ambient air temperature to produce hot water up to 60°C.
This air-to-water heat pump has been manufactured to suit both domestic and commercial installations. For optimal efficiency, simply install the EcoAqua unit in hot environments such as laundry rooms or kitchen areas where its COP of 3.7 to 1 can operate to its maximum potential.
The EcoAqua Heat Pump also has an in-built programmer for the regulation of hot water temperature / legionella function and manual or automatic immersion function.
WORK IN PRINCIPLE:
Refrigerant is circulated through a closed circuit, exposing the fluid to ambient air temperature, allowing it to boil at a low temperature. The refrigerant is then compressed, increasing the pressure and reaching temperatures of nearly 90°C.
This is then passed through a heat exchanger where it transfers its heat to the hot water cylinder, achieving a maximum temperature of 60°C. In unfavourable weather conditions, the unit’s temperature can be supplemented by a hot water immersion heater controlled by the unit’s programmer.
The EcoAqua range of tanks are made from carbon steel and treated with 2 layers of SMALGLASS vitrification. The insulation shell is 50mm of hard polyurethane with an external coating in PVC.
ELECTRONIC PROGRAMMER FUNCTIONS:
– Regulation of hot water temperature.
– Recording of external air temperature.
– Self-diagnosis with display high/low pressure alert, over-temperature water, disconnected sensors.
– Recording of functioning hours.
– Management of minimum time intervals between successive starting of the compressor.
– Parameter settings.
– Management of the electrical immersion in manual or automatic mode.
– Programmed legionnella function.
– User interface for functions and parameters with different steps of accessibility by password.
- Steel tank with two layers of vitrification.
- Front flange ø 180mm.
- Auxiliary coil for the use with boilers or solar panels.
- NTC integrated probe for the control of hot water temperature.
- External probe for automatic immersion function when temperatures are not favourable to the heat pump.
- Magnesium anode anti-corrosion.
- Thermal insulation in 50mm polyurethane external (PVC).
- External covering in grey plastic material RAL 7001.
- Adjustable supports.
- Ecological gas R134A.
- 5 kW 230V immersion.
- Safety device for high pressure.
- Alternative hermetic compressor.
- Radial fan with capacity control.
- Support handles for a safe and easy transport.
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
The EcoAqua Heat Pump is suitable for various installations. The basic diagram shows an installation in a laundry room with direct intake and exhaust, the latter preferably ducted (Fig. 1).
If the room where the appliance is installed is particularly small, the intake can also be ducted by taking in the air from an adjacent, suitably large service room (Fig. 2).
CMV FUNCTION: INSTALLATION AND ACCESSORIES
The EcoAqua Heat Pump can be integrated into a controlled mechanical ventilation system (CMV). This brings two simultaneous benefits:
- Maximum heat pump efficiency
- Optimum air change in residential environments
Numerous components and accessories are available to develop single flow CMV systems, with or without additional fans.